"TIP OF THE DAY"
You never know where you’ll be when an emergency occurs, so it’s a good idea to be ready wherever you are. That means preparing supplies for your home, work, and vehicle.
The Ready Campaign has information about creating a disaster supply kit for each location.
For your home:
- Create a kit containing enough food, water, and supplies to last at least three days; and
- Keep the kit in a designated place and make sure family members know where it is.
For your work:
- Be prepared to shelter in place for at least 24 hours;
- Include food, water, and other necessities like medicines in your kit. Keep the kit in one container and be ready to grab and go; and
- Have comfortable walking shoes in case an evacuation requires walking long distances.
For your vehicle:
- Include jumper cables, flashlights, clothing, and a first aid kit; and
- Consider having a fully charged cell phone and phone charger, flares, baby formula, and diapers if you have a small child.
This is where you can come to find the latest information on Amateur Radio (also known as "Ham Radio") related activities and events in El Paso, Texas and the surrounding area.
All Ham Radio clubs and organizations in the area are welcome (and encouraged) to provide information to this site and keep it up to date.
New information is continually being added, so check back regularly.
And don't forget to support your local clubs!
El Paso Ham Radio phone line – (915) 239-5128
Please e-mail any comments, changes, corrections, additions, or updates to email@example.com
You can also phone in questions, changes, corrections, additions, or updates to (915) 247-8426 (this is Google voice-mail only). Please leave a call back number so we can get back to you.