"TIP OF THE DAY"
If you need to use your car in winter weather, preparation is critical to ensure your safety as driving during these conditions can be hazardous. Before hitting the road, be sure to winterize your vehicle and update theemergency supply kit with the following items:
- Ice scraper and small broom;
- Blanket; and
- Emergency flares.
Once your car is ready, follow The Three P’s of Safe Winter Driving provided by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety & Health Administration for safe driving in winter storms: PREPARE for the trip; PROTECT yourself; and PREVENT crashes on the road. Here are some tips to remember:
- Familiarize yourself with directions before you go and let others know your route and anticipated arrival time;
- Maintain a full tank of gas to prevent fuel lines from freezing;
- Slow down for winter driving conditions, regardless of the type of vehicle you drive;
- Leave plenty of room between your vehicle and others as it takes more time and distance to stop your vehicle on wet roads; and
- Do not use cruise control.
This is where you can come to find the latest information on Amateur Radio (also known as "Ham Radio") related activities and events in El Paso, Texas and the surrounding area.
All Ham Radio clubs and organizations in the area are welcome (and encouraged) to provide information to this site and keep it up to date.
New information is continually being added, so check back regularly.
And don't forget to support your local clubs!
El Paso Ham Radio phone line – (915) 239-5128
Please e-mail any comments, changes, corrections, additions, or updates to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also phone in questions, changes, corrections, additions, or updates to (915) 247-8426 (this is Google voice-mail only). Please leave a call back number so we can get back to you.